Monday, July 16, 2018

July Card Club

Saturday, July 14th we had our Stamp Club meeting.

I always try to present a Birthday card, a Thank you card, and a Christmas card.  Here are the cards the ladies made on Saturday. 

This card comes from Varied Vases.  I'm not overly fond of the stamped image for the shelf, so I got out the Delicate Lace Edgelit dies.  It ads so much more detail.  I had each of the ladies send me their preference on color:  Lovely Lipstick, Grapefruit Grove, Pineapple Punch, Call Me Clover, or Blueberry Bushel, the current 2018-2020 In Colors.  No one chose Grapefruit Grove, so that's the one I used for my sample.
 I also showed the girls the technique for stamping the flowers so the stems don't show! :)  Ask me!

The Christmas card is very close to the one the ladies made.  I changed a few things, but used the ATC below as my inspiration.
Imagine this:  A different sentiment embossed in red, and a red twine bow at the bottom of the wreath.


I sent a text out to my Hostess Alice asking her favorite color, and used it as the base for our Birthday card.  Do you love it?  I DO!  This one took some time, but if you make many on an assembly line type procedure, you can make many of these without multiplying your time exponentially.
The only actual stamping on the card itself was the Happy Birthday, and the balloon strings.  Everything else; the balloons, cake, and cake stand were stamped separately and added with dimensionals. 

I am not showing the inside, but we used the Around the Corner stamp set to add a frame on the inside of the card.

As I look at each one of these cards they all share one technique.  Two step stamping!  True, it's a favorite technique of mine but I didn't realize each card used it until just now. 


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.