Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Christmas in July - July 17, 2018



Right before I made this set of 6 cards, I was feeling like I was getting into a rut.  I felt I'd already used all my current and some favorite retired stamp sets.  All my paper was retired, and though I love it, it's retired.

Finally my paper order arrived!  (It took a long time to ship!)  I found this piece of plaid in the new Under the Mistletoe DSP, and had my idea.
 Another demonstrator showed the two label punches together, and I knew this card was a great way to show them.  A touch of some enamel dots, and a bit of ribbon and an embossed piece of cardstock, and I was off to the races again.
 Usually when you cut 12 x 12 paper for cards, there are pieces left over.  They're 4 x 1 1/2 inches.  Instead of saving them (and not use them) or putting them back in the package with them getting in the way, I've started using them on the inside of the card.  I cut them to 4 by 3/4 inch, and place them along an edge.  No wasted paper, and it lends some continuity from the outside to the inside of the card.

NOTE:  The enamel dots are long retired.  They were a door prize and the Merry Christmas just needed a little something.


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


Product List
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.