Tuesday, July 31, 2018

ATC Swaps - Two for July

First, I'm showing my two creations for the July Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap.  Our theme for July was Christmas - so I just had to make two!

When you scroll down after the two cards, I'll show a Stamparatus technique, and a heat embossing technique I learned from my upline Kathy.

First, the wreath.  Does it look like the sunflower from Painted Harvest?  You're right!  I used two greens to stamp it.  The first layer is stamped in Granny Apple Green.  Then Tranquil Tide is layered over the top.  This little piece (they're only 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches) uses 2-step stamping, heat embossing, and distressing.  Lots of techniques for a tiny piece of art! 
 I actually lost one of the stamps from my set, so I used my Versamark pen to add the red dots on the wreath.  The sentiment and berries are heat embossed with the Lovely Lipstick embossing powder.  I added some glitter to the embossing powder.

The product list and products below are listed for the wreath ATC.

Do you recognize this ATC? It's a very close copy of the card from the 13th.  I actually made these first, and then decided to turn it into a full-sized card.  You can print the recipe from the 13th and have all the materials I used for this little piece.  Just add some rhinestones and you're set!

Now, for some techniques with the Stamparatus.  I have ATC stamps for the back of my cards.  It was just so much easier to use the Stamparatus to stamp all 20 cards in an efficient way.  I cut the template and laid it in the 'machine'.

 After laying the background stamp on the card, I picked it up with the plate.  Ink it up - stamp and then place in another piece of card.  Continue until you're finished.  Since I made 2 sets of swaps this month, it went quite quickly... 20 done in a flash.

Here is a technique my upline uses at club.  I got this piece of cardstock from one of my SU products.  Attach a few clothes pins and you have finger savers!  It's a real help when you're heat embossing small pieces as well as a time saver when you have 20 pieces to emboss.



Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!



Product List
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.