Thursday, July 19, 2018

Christmas in July - July 19, 2018



Here's another example of a card with a white base.  You won't see many of these from me.  Please enjoy.
This card has many details so I have a close-up below.
 I was inspired by a version of this card and made it my own by making some changes.  Lots of changes, actually.
The Eskimo features one of the new watercolor pencils, Balmy Blue.  I used both Pacific Point and Balmy Blue to get shadows and gradients in the Eskimo's snow suit.  I'm sorry you can't see it, but all the white on his little suit is covered in Wink of Stella for lots of sparkle.

I'm going to leave you with a tip today.  I love watercoloring - crayons, pencils, watercolor paints... all of them.  After working between aquapainters and blender pens with watercolor pencils, I've decided it's a better look using the aquapainters.
TIP:  When using watercolor pencils, color in the entire area and use your aquapainter to smooth the color and give a seamless look.


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

http://www.thesearemystamps.com/cards/cable-knit-eskimo.jpeg
Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.