Monday, July 30, 2018

Christmas in July - July 30, 2018


 This card featured today is very simple.  The set of 6 actually came together quite fast.  The story behind the card for me is actually longer than the card took to make!

The first part of this is the silhouette.  As a child, I read a book series that featured only a few silhouette images at chapter title pages and sprinkled around the story.  Every time I see those types of images, it's a sweet memory.  I make sure every school I teach at has these in the library.

This stamp set is called Every Blessing. 

 The Bible verse is another.  Each Christmas my church had a Christmas Program like so many still do.  From kindergarten we had verses in the program.  Each year the parts got longer - but the one I couldn't wait to get to were the narrations done by the oldest kids.  They introduced each section with a part of their own.  It was always one of the iconic verses of the Christmas story.  I couldn't wait to get to do mine when the time came!   This was always one that stood out for me.  It was so exciting to have it featured in a stamp set.
 The inside verses come from a stamp set called Versatile Christmas.  They are supposed to be a pair for the front and interior of a card, but they just worked here with the image on the front.




If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.