Tuesday, July 3, 2018

Christmas in July - July 3, 2018


 First the plain, then the BLING!

I'm using a current stamp set today!  It wasn't intended to be a Christmas stamp at all.  It's the sunflower stamp from Painted Harvest! 

I initially stamped the wreath on the cardstock and decided it was WAY too boring so I got out my stitched dies and cut it.  I then cut a red frame with a scalloped edge. 
As I took the picture, I still needed to add the bow.  I made it from red/white striped twine and placed it at the bottom of the wreath.
As I said yesterday, I LOVE Shaded Spruce!  I used it here to make the wreath.  The first layer is stamped off, and the second layer to give dimension is stamped full strength with the ink.  I love that dimensional look.

 Around the Corner shows up again for the inside of the card along with a retired sentiment set called Versatile Christmas.


Here's the bling!  I still wasn't finished with the Painted Harvest wreaths, and wanted to try another color combination.   On this card, the wreath was stamped first with Granny Apple Green, then stamped with Shaded Spruce over it.  On each little set of berries, I added a very small rhinestone. 
I also added some multi-colored rhinestones to give the sentiment some sparkle as well.  Each star at the top got a treatment with Wink of Stella for even more shine.

I also made 7 of these Christmas cards because after the original six, I wanted to try the other color combination.  I believe one of these will be one of my club cards.  Just sayin'.


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.