Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Pretty Kitty Watercolor Pencil Tutorial

Click on each picture for closeups, and to read captions more easily.

I LOVE watercoloring, and I LOVE the kitties! (I currently have 3!)

Watercoloring with pencils is NOT the same as coloring with regular colored pencils.  In the photo below you can see I've only added color to areas I want darker than the rest to show highlights.

 In both of these images, you can see I haven't filled in the entire space.  You don't need to!
 Because I'm working on Whisper White cardstock and not using watercolor paper, I'm using a Blender Pen.  Aquapainters do work on regular cardstock, but they're better on watercolor paper.
 Here you can see the completed image. You can see highlights in the lighter areas from only spreading the color out from the original colored areas.
 This is the completed card with the images die cut and mounted.  I also used Crumb Cake ink and a sponge dauber to add a bit of color around the white images.

 This card was made almost exactly the same way as the card above, BUT I used the burnishing technique to add sky to the background, and a place for kitty's pot to rest.
 I have NO idea why this kitty turned out so blurry. :(  I used the same technique but made kitty orange with the Pumpkin Pie pencil.  Touches of color only, then spread around with the Blenders.

 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.