Sunday, June 4, 2017

New: Mystery Card Challenge

 I belong to a Facebook group that shares some amazing ideas!  So many of them are absolutely fantastic!  I read about this one, and I absolutely love the idea!

Some changes were made to the original idea to fit my style - but the basic idea is there.  I want to thank Faith Steinberg for this fantastic idea.  It's very exciting!

Here goes:  Each week I'll choose a stamp set (see below) from the list I typed up of current stamp sets I currently have.  The Christmas stamp sets are printed in red ink.

Then I'll choose a color of cardstock to use as a base color. (Thank goodness for scraps!)  This was done originally as a Facebook Live event, and I don't do that.... BUT I can be pretty active on this blog - so some adjustments have been made.

 A few rules I'm imposing on this challenge:  1.  If the stamp set doesn't have any words or sentiments I'll choose either a Thank You, or Birthday to go with it.  2.  The cardstock color will be the card base, the main ink color, and any backings for sentiments (punched pieces).  2a.  Any DSP that coordinates with the cardstock or stamp set may be used.  3.  I may add a coordinating cardstock color as a mat or embellishment.  4.  I'll remove the stamp set from any new challenges until I've worked through all the stamp sets. Cardstock will go back into the draw, but I'll change it out if I continue choosing the same color. 5.  Die cuts or punches that coordinate with the stamp set may be used in the card.  6.  Cards/projects will be presented during the week with a new Challenge presented on Sunday.


Here it is - Sunday.  The stamp set is:  Sunshine Sayings (which has coordinating dies), and Pool Party is the cardstock.

 Here we go!!

Please let me know what you think of my Mystery Challenge and if you want to play along!

Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project. If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.