Sunday, July 9, 2017

Christmas in July - Welcome Home at Christmas

 For today's card, I played with the new Embossing Paste in the 2017-2018 catalog.  A lesson I learned - a little goes a LONG LONG way!  I intended to make 3 or 4 cards with the brick background to see if they worked as well on paper as they did in my head.
 Well!  I used about 2 tablespoons of the paste, not really knowing how much I'd need.  I could have used 1 or 2 teaspoons and still would have had more than enough.  Turns out I got TEN backgrounds from that much of the paste as you can see above.
 Here I'm showing how I stamped the topiaries and lanterns so I could get a bunch out of the paper.  I watercolored these with the blender pen.  I really LOVE that look!
Typo alert!  Ugh!  I meant to say LINE up instead of like below.  So sorry!
 The door swag, if not stamped straight will NOT fit properly in the die for cutting.  One way around this is to line up the stamp right on the die cut.  This way it's straight, and you won't have wasted your time stamping, and coloring.  See below.
 Perfectly mounted for stamping!  No problem cutting!
 I'm showing this unfinished view because I had some of the embossing paste on the sidewalk area...  no worries.  It was covered with the Welcome mat.
This is also the view before adding all the little details.
 Below are three of the seven doors I made with the brick embossing paste backgrounds.  It's a LOT of fun to work with!  I can see using this for lots of applications.
 Each of the doors were cut out of different pieces of the Wood texture paper.  I love wood doors! 

 Stay tuned for tomorrow's Christmas card!

 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.