Monday, July 24, 2017

Christmas in July - Tidings of Comfort and Joy...


So many times when I see the card greetings - especially for Christmas cards - a song starts playing in my head.  True, I do listen to Christmas music a little more than most people I believe...
 After stamping these cards (I made 4) I couldn't get that song out of my head!
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, let nothing you dismay.  Remember Christ our Savior was born on Christmas day, to save us all from Satan's power when we have gone astray... oh Tidings of Comfort and Joy, Comfort and Joy oh Tidings of Comfort and Joy....  There.
 I took this picture so you could see the copper embossing powder I added to the pine cones.  I triple stamped those...  first the Early Espresso piece with the detail, then the Crumb Cake solid piece.  I did a few full strength, and some stamped off.  Then I added the detailed piece with Versamark and heat embossed it using copper powder. 

Here I'm showing the card inside.  Instead of just stamping the greeting I also added the pine needles.

It might look like these took quite a bit of time, but I made them relatively quickly.
 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.