Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Christmas in July - Carols of Christmas with Peace on Earth



This card I cased from another demonstrator.  She did a fantastic job!  I'm pretty happy with my version - I will make a few changes when I demo this card.
 I got out the brayer for this card.  Use Shimmer White cardstock so the color will lay nicely.  The 'trick' with the brayer is to keep working the roller in one direction without stopping.  That way it takes out some of the lines you get from the edge.  I used 4 colors on the background with some sponging to keep the colors separate.
 Night of Navy, Berry Burst, Daffodil Delight, and Wild Wasabi were used from top to bottom to give it the look of twilight.

Here (below) you can see the card front builder piece I used to cut out the top.  I placed a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock behind it, then added some Wink of Stella to make the moon and stars sparkle.
I cut out 2 of the double trees, and 3 single trees to give the 'forest' look and used dimensionals to attach them to the card for depth.
 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.