Friday, July 21, 2017

Christmas in July - Star of Wonder, Star of Light...


 I've had this stamp set for just about an entire year and though I really love it, I don't play with it much.
 I love this design.  It's fairly simple and easy to put together once you die cut and punch out the top silver glimmer paper (that takes a bit of time).  As you know, I never (rarely) make only one card at a time of any one design.  I made 5 of these.  Yes, the picking took me some time but now I have 5 really stunning cards!
 I took this picture (above) so you could see how sparkly that silver glimmer paper is!  Another thing I've found that I really love is the new small dimensionals!  I cut them in half and was able to use them to pop the silver glimmer star off the top of the darker blue star.  LOVE it!
I took this picture so you could see the contrast in the sentiment and the stars stamp.  They are both stamped with Night of Navy, but I stamped the stars off once to give them a lighter look.

Here I want you to see the inside of the card.  I added the silver foil piece opposite of the sentiment on the inside.  LOVE the look of silver and blue together.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's card!

It's now June 21st, and there are only 10 days left in July.  Truthfully, I'll be really sad when this project is over, and hoping you're not sick to death of looking at Christmas cards!  Hoping Hoping Hoping...

I haven't kept track until now exactly how many Christmas cards I've made, so this last 10 days, I'll post a count of how many I've got:

Christmas cards so far July, 2017:  95!
Wow.  I've surprised myself.  95 Christmas cards for the month of July.  So far... 
 photo Blog sig complete.png
Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.