Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Christmas Cards for a Stamp-a-Stack!

Post 1.
This will be a series of posts simply because once I started making cards from the new catalog, I couldn't stop!

I had a request to offer more cards with layers, and I've been working really hard on doing this (as you'll see in the next few posts).

Both cards I'm showcasing feature the Farmhouse Christmas stamp set and die cuts bundle.  This card came together more by trial and improvements than anything.  I had the house, tree, and fence cut from white cardstock.  I watercolored the house (I grew up in a house much like this with a green roof and shutters) and tree. 

After I added the snowy background, the fence didn't work.  I placed the white fence piece on the Crumb Cake stamp pad, and there was a nice contrasting fence!  I didn't ink the edges of the greeting, but that's an option I would definitely take for a copy of this card.  It would show the stitching on the pieces very nicely.

Here's a close-up of the house.  with all its details.  Watercolor, stamped and watercolored wreaths, and red bows.  Everything on the card is popped with dimensionals except the red bows.  They were just too small!  I used some liquid glue and tweezers. 

The only thing missing on the house is the color for the Christmas lights!  I added that later, after I took the picture - along with a bit more of Wink of Stella for some sparkle.


For this card, I got out my alcohol markers, known as Stampin' Blends.  The tree is Shaded Spruce, the car is Cherry Cobbler and Real Red, and Smoky Slate and Light Black blends for the chrome and tires.
Add some plaid paper, a Merry Christmas sentiment with a double bow, and you have a very nice Christmas card.  The red and green rhinestones are also colored with the Stampin' Blends markers.




Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


Product List
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.