Friday, June 29, 2018

Springtime Impressions Thinlits Technique

There is a butterfly in this die set, but truthfully, I haven't gotten to it yet.  I'm so busy with this spray of flowers. 

I am showing a technique today.  Really, I'm not sure what it's called - so I'll come up with a clever name.   

As I was inking one of these sprays of flowers, I was finding designs on my grid paper.  Seemed to me I could use the designs and not waste the ink, thought that is only marginal. 
 Use a plain white (or vanilla) card base and place your white (or vanilla) die cut on top of it.  Using sponge daubers, swirl ink on top of the die cut, holding it to keep it in place.  Use many colors, or just a few depending on the result you want.
When you're finished inking, there isn't just one piece to use for creating, there are two!  You have your inked die cut, and the negative left on the white cardstock to use for another card. 
Negative Inking - that's it.  That's the name.  

Colors used:  Gorgeous Grape, Lovely Lipstick, Call Me Clover. 

When these pieces are made into cards, I'll post them so you can see the finals.

While I prepared this post, I came up with another idea for using this technique.  Stay tuned!
Have fun!


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.