Friday, December 22, 2017

Birthday Card Buffet for the Stud!o #1

YES, I'm still here.  Other than the understatement that this year at work has been more than difficult...  I've been quite recalcitrant in putting up my card creations here.  I know... Terrible.

My dear friend Zandra runs an art studio just north of here in Bartlesville, and she has a Birthday Card Buffet available for people to come in and create their own birthday cards!
 Here is the first in a series of 7 cards I created for her Birthday Card Buffet.
Options.  Let's talk options.  Color?  Of course!  Use any color you like for this card.  The first example above doesn't have any rhinestones.  Do you want to use pearls?  Stickles?  Use your imagination!
 I was not sure of the skill level of her customers, so I used a variety of techniques.  This is called a 10 cards in 10 minutes level card.  It uses one stamp set Butterfly Basics for the main stamping, and a Happy Birthday sentiment from another set.
The raised butterfly is one of my very favorite techniques - and so easy with impressive results!  I added a few small rhinestones to the body.  In another series card, I've placed rhinestones as I usually do with the largest at the top of the butterfly, to the smallest at the bottom.

Contact Zandra McGraw at Celebrat!ions Stud!o in Bartlesville to make this card at her Buffet!


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.