Sunday, October 9, 2016

Stamp Camp Swaps 2016

 Our annual Stamp Camp has come and gone... along with the beginning of another school year.
Yes, as usual it seemed like I dropped off the face of the Earth, but really - I'm here!  Working crazy teacher hours (6:30 at school to about 4:30 - 5:00) then some more paper grading in the evenings.  Yes...  that many hours.

BUT on top of all that, I do make time for crafting!  I've got quite a few projects going right now, and have been less responsible about getting things posted here.

SO... a few posts.

 Every year for our Stamp Camp, some of us make 3D swaps.  This is the project I made for the 2016 swaps.  There were 25 in all.  I kept some here for customer gifts, gave one to my Principal because she appreciates and supports my crafting, and of course, one for Mom. :)
 I used only one stamp set and die set (not counting the banner) for this project.  Truly, I'm not so much into Halloween stuff, BUT Stampin' Up! has been coming out with super SUPER cute Halloween things the past 2 years!

So here are lots of views of my project.
The witch hats were the biggest challenge.  Adhering the triangles to the mini-clothespins weren't that difficult, but the brims gave me QUITE a challenge!  My go-to adhesive didn't work, so I had to break out the E-6000 epoxy.  That did the trick.

I used some retired Halloween paper from last year for the bows, and the bow punch.  LOVE that Bow Builder Punch!

I went on Facebook to source some black feathers... and bought a big boa from JoAnn's.  I cut off a feather for each hat... and now I have LOTS of black feathers!  Don't think I'll have to go buy another when black feathers are needed.  It's a really big boa!
 





Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project. If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.