Tuesday, May 25, 2021

A Special Technique

The first card was featured at one of my club events.  I wanted the background to stand out, so we die cut a two-step stamped flower and placed it so you could see the background.

THIS card.  When I saw this technique - WOW!    When I first saw this card it looked like the butterflies were inlaid on the background.  They're not.  Each butterfly is popped on top of the colored background with dimensionals. 

This technique uses blender brushes!  I made a stencil from this single-die cut that cuts out all six of these butterflies, then layered Calypso Coral, So Saffron, and Daffodil Delight with a swirling motion so each butterfly had a bit of each color. 

The greeting comes from the Many Messages stamp/die cuts.




Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

Product List


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.