Sunday, January 27, 2019

Happy Birthday!

My dear friend Rozella's Birthday was in December (and she received this card on time).  I wanted to work with some of our new Occasions stamps for her card.

I used lots of fun things on this card.  DSP (Designer Series Paper), watercoloring, and die cuts.  My friend really loves the Melon Mambo so I stayed near that color for coordinating pieces.
The Happy Birthday die cuts come from a HUGE set of dies called Well Written from the Occasions catalog.  I've already used them a lot and you'll continue seeing them on different posts.

I had some of the banner pieces in a little baggie and thought they'd be perfect to mix with the new cake.  I watercolored the cake to match the Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo pieces I already had, then punched them, and mounted them on top of a piece of ribbon I had left over from another project.  The sequins (yes, I used to hate them - No, I don't anymore) are from the Gingham suite.  The background is embossed with the new Lace embossing folder, and then I used a light touch with a sponge dauber to bring up the design a bit more.



Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


Product List
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.