Saturday, March 11, 2017

Tip: Storing your Metal Dies

 I cannot take credit for this idea, but I surely use it!!  Robin Smith lent me a set of dies so I could try them before I bought them... and she had her dies stored like this.  It didn't take long for me to do this with ALL of mine!  I've shared the idea with all of my customers, and now I hope you love this as much as I do!

What an awesome, AWESOME way to store your magnetic dies!
 The magnetic material are VENT COVERS!  Can you believe it?  They have just enough magnetic "stick" to keep the dies in place in the folders without being so strong that you can't get them off the backing.
 Another benefit?  You can cut them with a guillotine cutter, and I estimate I can use one package of vent covers for a total of 5 to 6 die sets.
 This has been a revolutionary discovery for me!  No dies on that sticky tape.... Ugh!  I really hated that.  Also, no dies hanging out in the bottom of the folder, getting tangled and difficult to sort when you want to use them.
 You can find them in the painting area of Wal-mart, Lowes, or anyplace that sells painting or hardware supplies.  Make sure they say magnetic!  

THANKS so much to my friend and fellow demonstrator, Robin Smith, for this spectacular idea!!!!  She's the BEST!



Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project. If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.