Friday, December 24, 2021

2021 Favorites - Make Your Own DSP

This post is going to be very busy!  I made SO many of these "Make your own DSP" cards.  I still want to make more, but I just have other things that need to get done!

How do you make your own DSP?  You need a stamp set that can make backgrounds.  It should have lots of elements to make a scene or grouping.  Use ink colors that work with your stamps.

For example, for these cards I used:  Crumb Cake and Early Espresso for the pinecones and Evening Evergreen and Soft Succulent for the pine needles.  I used either the browns or some Real Red for the dots.

Read down a little further - there's a special technique.






These two cards were made using the Split Card technique.  Cut your background twice as long as a card base: 10.5 inches.  Draw a very light pencil line vertically at 5 1/4 inches.  Concentrate your stamping to cover the line at the center of the card.  When finished, cut the card at 5 1/4 inches, and you have two cards!

I added a lot of other stamping to fill the space - I just kept going!  



Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.