Sunday, May 20, 2018

May's Club Cards

Our May Club meeting turned out to be just the day before Mother's Day.  I used a Mother's Day card design I saw on Pinterest - more on the rest of the story in a bit.

A week before our Club date, I was working on designs for our meeting, and wanted to focus on soon retiring stamp sets and colors.  This birthday card turned out so well! 

It's a watercolor technique.  Stamp the flowers, and immediately use the aqua painters (water brushes) to spread the color around to give the petals color and dimension.


 I saw this pocket card on Pinterest as well, and loved it the moment I saw it.  The Designer Series Paper, Delightful Daisy is retiring and I wanted to present another idea for using this very pretty paper.
We heat embossed the pocket and die cut it.  Use Tear & Tape to get the best adhesion to your paper.

My students earn points for good behavior, and lose points when they are having issues.  One reward I offer is for 100 points - students can do Arts and Crafts with the Teacher.  I had a dozen kids want to make Mother's Day cards.  I had almost everything prepared, and on Friday, I called that group from each class to assemble their cards.  The students had to color the flowers (This was the sample they could use for an example.) and then glue up all their pieces.  

Here is the Christmas Card I offer every club meeting.  I wanted to feature this very pretty Christmas stamp set.  After looking at it, it needs ribbon.  I'll send that along next club date.  We used the Stamparatus to stamp the sentiment and pine needles.  I had a template set up, and we stamped away!

Many of these items are retiring.  Grab them while you can!  


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.