Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Split Card Design - New Technique

I saw this technique on Pinterest and watched a couple of You Tube videos.  It's a really easy technique!  Really Easy!
Click on any of the smaller pictures to see a larger view. 
 Here you can see the colors I used.  The first thing I did was stamp all the flowers and leaves.  I used the stamp set To a Wild Rose.  It's a 2 step stamp though it's actually 3 steps to stamp the entire flower.  I just used the outline and detail.  I didn't stamp the entire background piece.
 After each piece was die cut, I took a piece of Whisper White and cut it to 5 1/4 inches by 8 1/2 inches.  The video I watched said to draw a line down the center of this piece.  I scored it so I wouldn't have pencil on my background piece.
Overlapping this center line, using the Tombow Mono Liquid glue, adhere the flowers and leaves in a collage type look.   When you have a well-covered piece, use a guillotine cutter (a slide cutter won't work here) to slice the design in half.  Cut the "empty" edge so that the card is 4 inches wide.
 Here you can see the mounted and finished cards placed together they way I had them glued up.  Below it shows them split to make 2 cards.
 Ultimately I glued up two pieces of cardstock and because of the Split Card technique, I ended up with 4 cards which is what I needed.
 We'll be doing this at my next club meeting.  I'm actually using these as Thank you cards for my club members!  I always mean to make Thank You notes to go with their orders, and then I get busy and forget.  This time I'm ready!





Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project.
Product List
To A Wild Rose Bundle
To A Wild Rose Bundle
[151073]
$54.00
Around The Corner Photopolymer Stamp Set
Around The Corner Photopolymer Stamp Set
[147464]
$16.00

If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.