Sunday, November 6, 2016

October Stamp Club's Bonus Card in 2 Variations

Just before our Stamp Club in October, I decided to make one more card.  The image comes directly from a stamp set used at the September club, and even though it was just before Halloween at the time, I decided to use it anyway.

 I thought these little mummies were SO cute!  You'll notice each card has the same elements... I just changed up things between the two.  I like those variations.  That way you can choose which you like better, and go with that. 
This is like that game where there are two pictures, and you have to find the differences... except I'm going to tell you the answers.  Whew! 

The mummies are stamped in black, then one is sponge dauber'd in Crumb Cake ink, and the other is sponged in with Smoky Slate.  The spider web in the top card comes from the same stamp set as the cheese cloth and chicken wire stamps.

I've mastered the trick for dealing with linen thread or metallic thread behind stamped elements!  You may have noticed that I used a lot of the metallic thread on many of the Christmas Tags. 

TIP:  On the back of your figure, attach dimensionals.  I used 3 on the back of the mummies for this project.  Take a 'good' length of twine or thread.  Attach one end right to the dimensional.  Give a gentle twist to make a loop, and press the thread to the dimensional, with the loop showing off to the side.  Follow this, working the thread so it lays the way you'd like... gentle loops, or straight loops, etc.
Attach your figure to your card.  No need for more dimensionals, and the thread/linen is 'locked' in on your card!

The mummy cards, I left the thread ends hanging off the ends for a different effect.


Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project. If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.