Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Valentine Stamp-A-Stack Cards and Mini-Treat Bag

Get READY!  Valentine's for crafters is already upon us!

My husband said, "You're already making Valentine cards?"  My reply, "YES!"  You have to design them, make the cards, then tweak them so they look good... it takes time!  Plus, you need to get them in the mail in time for deliveries.  AND if you're making treat bags for kids' friends, or co-workers, you have to get a move on those to have them ready!  Sheesh!! :)  His answer.... "Oh."  That was it! :)

SO the group I belong to is having a Valentine Stamp-A-Stack this Saturday!  These cards are my offerings to the groups projects.

First, the treat bag.
How cute is that?  It holds 2 of the Ghirardelli chocolates perfectly.  I found a Dark Chocolate Strawberry, and a Milk and White chocolate heart piece.  So perfect for Valentine's treats!

Then a card I CASEd from Pinterest.  I saw it, and it was SO pretty...  I knew our group would love it.
Then my design.  I LOVE these lady stamps so much!
I fussy cut her dress after stamping the image twice.  Once on the card, and once on patterned paper. Cut it closely, and adhere with some Zig pen liquid glue.

I also used a double-stamping technique here.  Stamp first with Blushing Bride ink, clean the stamp, and then stamp again in red BUT offset it a little...to make the pink look like a shadow.
I also added a touch of Wink of Stella to the white polka dots on her dress, and the lips as well.

To color the woman, I used the NEW Stampin' Up! Watercolor pencils!  I AM IN LOVE LOVE LOVE!!
I added just a touch of Calypso coral for her skin and moved the color around with the blender pen.  Then I went a little darker on her hat, and even darker under her brim (in shadow, you know).  Spread the red around with the blender pen, and you get an absolutely wonderful look!

Click on any of the products below to purchase materials to make this project. If you don't currently have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I'd be thrilled to talk with you about furthering your crafting pursuits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments!
They are appreciated.